Logo request from Guillaume & the French Crew:

First i want to wish you a happy new year! Hope everything is good for you and the UK crew.

I am working on building a national association to federate all french slalomers. Riderz is more a general longboard association now and it s not really involved in slalom anymore

I am also working on a website and UKSSA site is for me a model.
I need a logo for FSSA and i would like to know if you guys see any problem if i copy your logo, just changing the “UK” to a “F” and inverse colors (blue for F, red for SS)

Please let me know what you, Michael and others think

Best regards, and see you soon

/Guillaume

Yeah the French!

This entry was posted in News. Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

9 Comments

1. SamG
    Posted January 3, 2011 at 3:21 pm | Permalink

I have replied like this:

Hi Guillaume, I’m sure that the ‘others’ would only see it as flattery and unity.

We came up with the design by group decision. I chose a fat typeface: http://www.dafont.com/ethnocentric.font
    Louis popped in the cone indents, and Rob assigned the colours. The rest of the board agreed after varied discussion.

I’ll post your request on the UKSSA site to see if there is any accord or adverse opinion.

Thoughts guys?

Perhaps there could be some form of race entry discount for UK racers in France (or free T-Shirts!) for 2011.

2. Posted January 3, 2011 at 9:12 pm | Permalink

And it’s on an english website that i’m learning there will be an official slalom association in my country, funny stuff !

3. Guillaume
    Posted January 3, 2011 at 10:02 pm | Permalink

Vinzzz, i am really sorry i did not contact you first, but Jani and Michel was the only one to know about the project since today…
    I just ask Sam for sharing UKSSA logo today… I really did not think i will be on first page of UKSSA website tonight! That s what we can call transparency :D
    I do send you an email, let s call each other and talk about that

I was planning to send a personnal mail to everyone about all of this during this month, but it seems i will have to be faster

Sam, thank you really much for your support : i hope we will be able to work all together for slalom promotion!

Wish you all the best

/Guillaume

4. Posted January 3, 2011 at 10:49 pm | Permalink

Vincent, I’m sure that Guillaume is purely intending to put forward a basic framework so that he would have some material to discuss things further with all of you guys. I put his research PM on here to garner a bit of opinion as to what UKSSA members might think about the wider usage of our basic logo structure.

I’m sure that his intentions are to discuss things further and that he would very much welcome local input towards the formation of the FSSA given the reduction in interest from Riderz.com.

Happy new year!

Sam

5. Posted January 4, 2011 at 12:32 pm | Permalink

There has been a little misunderstanding, i’m not Vinzzz :p. I’m another Vincent, friend of Charles, from brittany.
    Nothing negative in my first post, i’m just glad to read that efforts are put together to federate everyone in France.

And sorry to flood your website, my english friends, i’m hoping to come and race soon in your country (although i don’t have much experience) !

6. Guillaume
    Posted January 5, 2011 at 10:27 am | Permalink

rhaaaaa i now understand why Vinzzz did not understand nothing to my email :D

Vincent, so you are now one of the first french to know about FSSA… a privilège!
    Please, contact me at scguillaume[AT]gmail[DOT]com, i would like to talk with you :
    FSSA will be proud to have you as a brittany representant.

7. Guillaume
    Posted February 16, 2011 at 6:05 pm | Permalink

Sorry Sam if i misunderstood your message…
    “Thoughts guys?” , without any answer for weeks, seems like a GO for me.

But it seems that the FSSA using a logo inspired by yours does not fit everyone, as i have complains (by anonym MASKED users) on facebook.
    I though we were all working on the same side, to promote slalom. It seems it s not exactly that

So my email is in this topic : if someone ask me, i will stop using our logo and make a new one, even if i really disaprove the way this matter was feedbacked to me!

/G

8. SamG
    Posted February 16, 2011 at 6:55 pm | Permalink

Hi Guillaume, it does seem a little underhand for the masked skater to complain in such a manner. I’m sure that if anyone does have any real concerns about the similarity then I’m sure that they will contact you directly.

Slalom skating is a small field, it’s promotion is even smaller. That you have made a start on putting together a French organisation should be applauded and support should come from skaters who have similar intent. In our case it would be building on ‘Entente Cordiale.’

I’m sure that in time, you’ll want to develop a more independent identity with a French style design (possibly carried out by http://www.kickasss.com ), but in the interim the logo similarity shows a healthy unity and similarity of purpose.

Sam

9. Munchh
    Posted February 19, 2011 at 9:38 pm | Permalink

I wonder how Slippa feels about it, it was his design after all?

I think its ok that a privilaged few liked it and said yeah lets use that, but it was his idea after all.

Munchh